Pakistan Study Centers
Confucius Institute in Pakistan
Advisory for Students
Embassy of Pakistan Newsletter
News & Events
Outbreak of Novel Coronavirus in Wuhan, China ,NOTICE BY EMBASSY OF PAKISTAN, 26 January 2020
Ministry of Health of China has put in additional precautionary measures to reduce the risks associated with the coronavirus infection.
The local government of Wuhan has announced that all public transportation in the city including long-distanced travelling shall remain temporarily suspended till further instructions. All flights and trains scheduled to depart from Wuhan would remain canceled to contain the spread of viral infection.
Pakistani community members and students in Wuhan are advised to cooperate with Chinese health authorities for curbing the spread of virus; understand the prevention and control measures taken and comply with official instructions:
The Embassy urges Pakistani students to remain vigilant while adopting good preventive measures including:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue; it should be immediately followed by disposing-off the tissue and washing hands;
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough;
- In case of fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical care early and share previous travel history with the health care provider;
- While visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
- The consumption of raw or under-cooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
- As it is still not clear which kind of meat is actual cause of the infection, it is better to avoid consumption of meat, eggs and milk altogether for the time being.
In order to facilitate the stay of foreign nationals whose visa have expired after 23 January (due to overstay caused by suspension of transportation), the Single Window for Foreign Business Handling at Wuhan Citizens Home, run by Exit and Entry Administration Department of Wuhan Public Security Bureau, would accept foreign nationals applications for renewal of stay and residence permits.
The Embassy of Pakistan would continue its outreach with community members and Pakistani students in Wuhan. In case of any reports of viral infection in members of Pakistani community/students, it is requested to cooperate with local health authorities and share immediately the complete information with Pakistan's Embassy in Beijing.
The Community members/students are further requested to extend complete cooperation to local authorities, avoid unnecessary social media hype and ignore unconfirmed news.
In case of assistance/queries, Mission may be contacted on following address:-
+86(10) 65326301 (Direct)
+86(10) 65326660-6043 and 6108(extension)
Cell No:- +86 156 5288 9195
26 January 2020