Pakistan Study Centers
Confucius Institute in Pakistan
Advisory for Students
Embassy of Pakistan Newsletter
Delivery of Passports
- Normal applications: 03 to 04 weeks.
- Urgent applications: 12 - 15 days.
- The time for delivery is not exact as the passports are received from Pakistan after printing/processing.
- There are three options for the collection of passports.
- Option-1 (personal). It is better to collect their passports in person. Please confirm availability of passport before coming to Embassy for collection. The applicants must bring their previous original passport and the receipt/token at the time of collection.
- Option-2 (authorization). If applicants are unable to come to the Embassy in person for collection of passport, they can collect their new passports through a designated person who carries a signed authority letter from the applicant, his own original identity card (CNIC) along with a copy and the applicant’s previous original passport. The authority letter can be down-loaded from the website.
- Option-3 (courier). Passport is a very important document. In case of its loss the applicant has to face many problems. It is therefore advisable to collect the passports in person. However, the applicants can also receive their new passports through courier; in this case they are required to send a self addressed (in Chinese language) return courier receipt along with their previous original passport, token and undertaking (can be down-loaded from the website). The courier expenses will be borne by the applicants themselves.
- It is pertinent to mention that the Embassy will not be responsible for loss/damage of passport at anyplace during mail procedure or by the authorized person.